Thursday 16 October 2014

The Genius Of FOAM!!

After running around Truro, Falmouth and Penryn, looking in every conceivable place for some foam that was suitable for the fur coats, I went into Wilkinsons on a spur of the moment, last ditch attempt. And it paid off. I found foam!!! They sold fairly big white bath sponges, that, if glued together would be big enough to carve a coat from. I was pretty close to doing a happy dance in the shop at this point, I had been that desperate for foam.

I gradually carved my block of foam into a coat like shape. When it was roughly the right size I cut it down the middle. I then cut out the middle of the two halves, so that the armature could fit inside the coat and move about comfortably. I then pinned the coat halves back together and continued to cut the foam to shape it more.



No comments:

Post a Comment