Thursday 16 October 2014

Style Influences

I was planning on using Celtic art as inspiration for my film, as when Una went down to Earth I wanted her to experience nature, with forests and mountains and the like, rather than civilisation and cities. I felt this would contrast the most with the Sun, which I thought could be inspired by the Cold War. Below are some examples of Celtic type art which I copied out (including from 'The Secret of Kells'). Celtic art has a very flowing, swirly form, with shapes twisting in and out of each other. 



Here are some examples of Cold War architecture and design, which would influence my design of the Sun. They are in some ways the opposite of the Celtic art as they are heavy, cold and unwelcoming, with bold solid forms, unlike the intricacy of Celtic.






No comments:

Post a Comment