Tuesday 23 April 2013

Deep Space

Here are some watercolour attempts at creating deep space. Everything gets more and more blue as it gets further and further away, until it goes very pale and grey. I'm pleased with these apart from the second one, where I accidentally made one of the mountains too bright a blue, which made it appear to much in the foreground. I think stylistically the last one is the best as I've managed to create more of a supernatural kind of atmosphere, with the reddish colours and gnarled trees, but it looks a bit flat. The first one is the best at indicating deep space, I think this is because the grass and leaves are really close to the camera and the closest trees extend off the page vertically, giving more of a contrast in size.






No comments:

Post a Comment