Monday 24 February 2014

Deep

One of our modules for this semester is to help out with our tutor Derek's film, 'Deep'. I chose to work on the stop motion scene, for which an animatic had already been created by previous students. I've included this below:


I'm working alongside Paris Washington, Harry Bayfield and Emily Henshall. We want to go for a style which draws upon the works of Tim Burton and the Quay Brothers. I have drawn up an initial concept piece created with black fineliner pens and then edited it in Photoshop. In our group meeting we discussed how the cell was like a make shift one that the mob boss quickly threw together in the cellar of his mansion, so it would contain an assortment of old furniture, perhaps covered by white dustsheets. I made the ceilings arched to create more of a dungeon type feel and kept my pen marks quite scribbly to get an erratic textured look.


No comments:

Post a Comment