Thursday 20 February 2014

Falling And Falling And Falling And Hey Let's Do Some More Falling

These are the designs for the background when the girl and boy are falling. I had to keep panning and looping as the characters are free falling for a very long time.



When the girl gets eaten by the suited guy she falls endlessly through his insides which resemble skyscrapers. I saw this in the script and inwardly shuddered. I had no idea how I was going to create a background for that as it had to loop but with one point perspective. After some thought I drew this background below. The idea was that the girl would remain in the same place, with hair whipping etc to show she was falling, the lines indicating the walls would remain static and it would be the windows that moved. I figured if I just animated the windows enlarging on Toonboom, it would give the effect of them rushing past the girl as she fell. I would then just loop the windows getting bigger. But when I tried this it just did not work. I still think that it should work, it was just my lack of software knowledge (or Toonboom's irrational nature, whichever way you want to look at it) that prevented its success. So I had to settle for the same principle but with just one row of windows flying past at a time. I'm pretty sure the reason I couldn't do it the first way was because Toonboom has some kind of slow out motion thing going on as a default when you tween stuff, but I didn't have time to work this out as the deadline was nigh. But the fact I got it to work the second way shows that the first way would work too, just if I could figure out how to remove the slow out so everything moved at a constant speed.


Below is the design for the tower of money that shoots past the girl as she falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment