Wednesday 11 December 2013

Of Rearranging Roles And Hippy Stoner Sorts

After another crit my group came to the realisation that the way we had divided up the tasks wasn't really working, as everyone was designing characters for both films and so each character was in a different style and they were not working together. So since everyone liked my take on Rachel Gilbert's style the best I became the character designer for the 'A Dog's Life' animation. Eline is now character designer for 'Chasing Birds' and Vicky is Background designer for both projects. Hannah has taken on the role of putting the Production Bibles together and designing how they look, so she is kind of our graphic designer now.

Eline had already designed Ernie so I took her designs, which are shown below, and altered them so they fit with the over all style of the film.


Ernie is a laid back stoner character with hippyish elements, he is a bit slow and simple but with a pure heart and amicable nature. I made him look a bit more intelligent than Eline's version as although he's meant to be a bit slow he is also meant to be street smart, so I improved his posture slightly and changed his face shape and features. I painted him in quite earthy, natural colours to emphasize his relaxed, peaceful disposition and his hippy tendencies.



No comments:

Post a Comment