Sunday 22 February 2015

Foliage Designs

These are the designs for trees, fallen branches and rocks that Eline Lindaas has drawn up. The idea was to combine how the arctic trees really look with inuit art design, drawing upon their patterns and their sculptures slightly rough, quirky carved forms. I really like the straight birch tree designs, I can see them looking very good when made into models. The full birch tree with the many branches is too realistic however. 







I then selected the best designs from Eline's drawings and the ones I did earlier and put them into some selection sheets. I also recoloured the fallen branches and rocks to make them blue, to avoid any confusion, as this is the actual colour they will be. Everything needs to have a blueish tone, to keep with the colour scheme.











No comments:

Post a Comment