Thursday 22 January 2015

Creature Puppet: The Second Skinning

With my new knowledge of silicone I tackled the Creature puppet once more. I think he looks quite good, it's not exactly as I want but it will work. But the problem is that he is not animatable. The silicone, with its rubbery properties, will not allow for enough movement, springing back into place rather than staying put, as the silicone is stronger than the armature. My tutor says I need ball and socket joints and a rod in his back... but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get hold of these. If I make the silicone layer incredibly thin and water it down with white spirits, as well as making the Creature himself skinnier, it might make the whole thing more flexible... I need to do some tests....







No comments:

Post a Comment