Saturday 25 January 2014

'Chasing Birds' Colour Storyboard

Eline drew out a beautiful storyboard for me to colour. I coloured it digitally on Photoshop, taking my colour palette from the Vogue covers. I tried to incorporate the Vogue style by using busy patterns on the wall, curtains and table, while keeping it fairly clean elsewhere, with minimal tonal changes. I used a lot of pink in the indoor scene as I wanted to make it look like somewhere Eliza would hate, so I played off the whole pretty-pink-delicate-fancy-flowery type thing. I also made Eliza slightly bolder in colour than the room as I wanted her to look like she didn't fit in and her environment of Victorian England was weak and pallid in comparison to her.

The sky during the dream sequence was meant to look a bit trippy and surreal and when the winged silhouette of Eliza starts to disintegrate into birds the sky is quite a violent red firey colour, almost as though her dreams of flying are burning up. 































No comments:

Post a Comment