Sunday 10 November 2013

Funny In 15 Update

Here's the animatic for the new idea for our Funny In 15. This is the idea we actually stuck with.


As you can see, we are going for crude humour here, it's very simple but pretty much everyone seems to find it funny, so it looks like it's working :) 

I set about designing the chavvy masturbating character and here's what I came up with:






I decided to make him look more of an oafish, simple kind of chav rather than an aggressive one, as my early drawings were of this vein and I felt it took away the humour if he looked somewhat violent. I used basic curvy shapes and a smooth black outline as I was trying to keep it all simple as I think a simple style is better suited to comedy in most cases, especially crude humour.
In the end though we decided to use Zoe's character designs as they worked better with Elf's background.


No comments:

Post a Comment