Monday 11 March 2013

Punchiness...

The main piece of feedback I got from last semester's showreel was that my animations aren't punchy enough. I'm good with the slow actions, but when something fast happens I'm putting too many frames in and this makes the animation lose its spark. So I have, effectively, been creating unnecessary work for myself. So in light of this, I went back to my last animation, the emotions one, and changed the fast actions (the jumps and the twirl) onto ones instead of twos and deleted some frames so that it's speeded up. I think the twirl definitely works better speeded up, but the jump looks worse, but I think that's because I haven't made him stay in the air long enough when he reaches the climax of the jump, not because it shouldn't have been sped up.
The video below shows first the original slow action and then the speeded up one, so that you guys can compare for yourselves which works better.


No comments:

Post a Comment