Wednesday 24 October 2012

Of Monkeys And Top Hats...


So here is my first attempt at storyboarding. The task was to have one character moving slowly, one character moving fast and then make them meet at the end, with between 7 to 20 images. I love monkeys and top hats, so this seemed a pretty standard place to start when coming up with my storyline. We were shown in class ways of showing speed, such as using markers (I used a tree with a snake on it) and changing the scenery drastically. I presented my storyboard in class and received some helpful feedback. The main issue was that I needed to include the hat-less monkey walking amongst the trees in the jungle in shot number 4, to make it obvious the top hat monkey has spotted him and his bananas. I found it pretty hard drawing the monkeys at different angles, which is especially evident in shot number 4 (so many issues with that shot!) so I really need to just work on improving my drawing skills....
I really enjoyed this task though, as I liked coming up with a little plot and getting to be a bit more creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment