Thursday 1 May 2014

Life Drawing

 I really enjoyed this week's life drawing session, we did lots of long poses that allowed me to get some shading and more depth into the drawings. In an exercise to encourage us to stand further back from our work we had to attach our charcoal to the end of a long bamboo stick and, holding the stick at the end, draw the figure. This produced some interesting results. The drawings became a lot looser and more fluid, but despite this I seemed to achieve a better sense of proportions, due to the fact I was standing further away from my drawing than usual and so was able to view the figure in its entirety, rather than getting bogged down with one aspect that then does not relate spatially with the rest of the body. This has taught me stand further away in future.







No comments:

Post a Comment